She had turned in my direction. Thinking she threw out the question to anyone who stood nearby, I pointed to the little cups and said, "Fill this one with batter."
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her son. He looked about eleven-years-old. His mouth was partially opened as if ready to say something, but he didn't.
Aha. I thought. This is a respectful young man. He knows the answer but is choosing not to say anything because I had offered help first. I turned to him and said, "You know how to do it right?"
"Then you should teach her." I stepped back to let him take over.
He smiled again and showed his mom what to do.
Every moment of the day there are zillions of God jobs to be done. He could handle each one by Himself and do a perfect job. Yet, because of His love for us he asks us to do the job.
God chooses to let us participate in what He is doing in the world for many reasons.
1. He loves us.
2. He likes to be with us.
3. He knows we like to be responsible.
4. He wants us to have a sense of value.
5. He knows we need things to do (which means we will not be bored in heaven :) )
6. He likes to see others smile when they see us do God jobs.
7. And a job well done, as we are able, proclaims His glory.
This post has been brought to you by the one word - Wanted
What fun jobs has God given you?