Yeah! Today is my birthday. So this weekend, I am my guest.
And since I am the guest, I will be doing the book giveaways. Someday I will feature my own book, but, for now, I will be giving away some awesome author books to as many commenters as I can.
Those of you who have stopped in to read previous posts probably know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to travel. So, hubby searched this year's list of conferences and found one in the beautiful mountains of Alaska. And it happened to fall during this week--my birthday.
Of course I said--YES! Let's go. Everything you see in black is written before we left. Everything written in burgundy is fabulous news from Alaska!
I've posted the winning photos so far.
Wow it was a really difficult choice!!
|Photo by Mary Vee - Alyeska Resort|
We, of course, will suffer in a beautiful mountain resort, will have to endure fresh caught fish for a meal or two, be dragged on board a one-day cruise to see glaciers, and etc. I CAN'T WAIT!! (disclaimer, I am writing this ahead of time and will visit with you when I come back). We saw fjords, and so many interesting animals. Totally recommend this trip.
I am hoping to post pictures while there. They have Internet in Alaska, right?
This is my wish list of want-to-see while there: (remember, everything in black is written before I go.)
1. a moose-not done yet
|Photo by Mary Vee - Mountains |
near Portage, AK
3. aurora borealis-won't happen. The long sun hours that I love are preventing it.
|Photo by Mary Vee - Northwestern Glacier, AK|
|Photo by Mary Vee|
5. Eat fresh salmon or halibut-check - we had an SLT which is a salmon lettuce tomato sandwich!
6. visit missionaries serving in Alaska- on the list for Saturday
7. see the sun still up after 11:00pm-check! Can you believe it! I saw it at 2am and 4am, too!
|Photo by Mary Vee-eagle on mud when |
Pacific ocean tide is out
AND BY SPECIAL REQUEST
MADE BY CARYL KANE:
|Photo by Mary Vee - Sea Otter swimming in Pacific Ocean|
And now it's time to share my birthday party with you. I have books to give away!
Each of these books are fabulous! The list of authors, in alphabetical order, are:
|Photo by Mary Vee-Horned Puffins swimming in |
|Photo by Mary Vee - Whale swimming in Pacific Ocean|
1. Winners need to either be a follower of this blog or sign up to receive email posts. Both can be found in the right column.
2. Commenters will be chosen randomly and, in the order they were chosen, may pick which book he/she would like until the last book is given away. Trust me, though, even if you are the last commenter chosen, you will love the book!
Ready to party?
|Photo by Mary Vee - Black bear in Girdwood, AK|
Choose a question for your comment:
If you could visit any place in the world, where would you like to go?
If you could have one hour all to yourself, what would you like to do?
What would be top on your bucket list?
What is your favorite season and why?
|Photo by Mary Vee- taken on the Iditarod trail |
near Girdwood, AK
BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL SO I CAN CONTACT YOU!
Winners will be notified sometime after Tuesday.
Winners will be announced on my Facebook Blog Page
Thanks for celebrating with me!!